[Chugalug] xp replacement

Phil Sieg phil.sieg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:36:20 UTC 2013

John,

I am pretty certain nobody really cares about security updates for XP since they never seemed to really work anyway.

The single best reason to upgrade to ANYTHING else is 64BIT and memory above 2GB. DO NOT mention XP 64... that was never actually a product, otherwise it would have things like "Driver Support".

All in all XP was a pretty good OS once you tore it apart and rebuilt it the way you wanted it. The ENTIRE 3rd and 2nd world still operates on XP. I have to keep an XP laptop here at the business because all of the cellular software we use (from our factory in China) is XP only.

On Nov 18, 2013, at 1:10 PM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Well, anyone running XP needs to think seriously about changing to something else soon, as Windows isn't going to be providing security updates for XP for much longer.

Phil Sieg
President
SeniorTech LLC / snapfōn®
www.snapfon.com
phil.sieg at seniortechllc.com

Phone: 423.535.9968
Fax: 423.265.9820
Mobile: 423.331.0725

"The computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."

Steve Jobs, 1955-2011