[Chugalug] crazy

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 16 17:59:07 UTC 2013

slackware fanboy, so I usually download source and compile and install.     I'm crazy like that.

so anyway I'm currently attempting to install postgis and the census tiger data to set up my own local geocode database because geocoder.us is getting flakey lately

part of the dependancies was this... http://gdal.org/
I don't claim to understand what it does, but I's need it

anyway, the whole point of this worthless email is that I was amazed at how long it took to compile the source code for gdal on an amd64 quad 3ghz with 8gb ram

I might re-compile it again, this time put a timer on it...    cause I'm crazy like that

and then get back to my Drupal tutorial ;-)