[Chugalug] OT: MacBook for sale. Too cheap?

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Sat Nov 16 02:09:19 UTC 2013

While I value the polish of a mac and understand the need of professionals
like my wife to use its tool set, I found that this hit home.

"I will confess it took me awhile (22 years to be precise), but one day I
put down the Kool Aid and realized that Apple was, like North Korea, a
totalitarian entity. In other words, once you get drawn into its eco-sytem
Apple will control the totality of your technological life (the user
"experience" which lets face it, is a very nice one), so it can suck its
upgrade tithe out of you every 18-24 months. Apple does this by terrifying
their cowering customer/citizens with loss of "support", and lack of new
"features". Quick thought experiment: Imagine you bought the Beatles White
Album, but in order to keep listening to it every two years you had to buy
a completely new record or CD player. And a new copy of the White album,
which would have a couple brand new, not very good tracks on it from Sir
Paul and Ringo. No one would do it. Why do we tolerate this kind of
larceny when it comes to computers and technology? The same reason they do
in North Korea: Fear, and the proper conditioning."-PowerPC Liberation, No
Laughing Matter 2/24/2013
http://powerpcliberation.blogspot.com/2013/02/no-laughing-matter.html