[Chugalug] Ceylon

DaWorm daworm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 18:17:29 UTC 2013

I've used object oriented languages for years as well, and make a lot of
use of abstraction layers in C code.  It is the best way I know to be able
to make sense of things when I inevitably have to come back a few years
later and have to make changes.  I think a lot of that comes from
programming in Forth for so long.  Turning the language you have into the
one you need via creation of APIs comes as second nature to me.

Sometimes I think people, especially university types, over think these
things though.  The problems they are trying to solve aren't that difficult
with a little discipline.  I think most of these things are to try to keep
bad programmers from being so bad. Languages that enforce discipline don't
bother me, I've always preferred Pascal to C, for instance, but some of
these things go too far.

Jeff