[Chugalug] Small /boot partitions must go!

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Nov 12 12:51:08 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, Lynn Dixon wrote:
> We have always ran 500MB for our /boot on our RHEL4, RHEL5, and RHEL6 machines.
> Having said that, we are also very proactive  when it comes to server maintenance as well.

Sometimes I babysit systems that don't get accessed very often, or can't
be accessed very often.

And this was an Ubuntu system.. with 900mb,

I noticed the Redhat systems I just put up used a 500mb partition,
and left it.. I'm not sure (yet) how well Yum cleans up /boot
after new kernals. But I'll be babysitting them closer.