[Chugalug] VLC transcoding from a source with errors

Robert A. Kelly III bluethegrappler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 03:47:03 UTC 2013

On 11/10/2013 09:59 PM, wes wrote:
> I may be talking out the wrong orifice here, but my version of VLC has a
> "convert/save" menu item. Perhaps this could be helpful to you?

That is precisely the feature I'm using. But the issue is that if the
source is damaged, it simply stops when it encounters and error and the
output file only has half of the original video. But the same file can
be played all the way through if you are actually watching the video.
There may be some glitches, but the video keeps playing. I'm looking for
a way to get that same kind of resiliency when using the convert/save
feature.