[Chugalug] [Bulk] Re: Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Sat Nov 9 13:03:01 UTC 2013

On Sat November 9 2013 12:00:44 AM Unkmar wrote:
[snip]
My vacation to the smokies was a brutal reminder of how primitive many places
are. I was frequently with emergency only phone service, 911. Ironically, I had
data and Skype worked. My cell service was sporadic and unreliable. We stayed at
a place that provided WiFi access. It felt like my connection to the router was
propagated via smoke signals, backed by carrier pigeons on a windy day. Good
network speeds when the smoke could be seen or the pigeons could get through
the windy fog. I was getting spotty bursting traffic. Great one moment, gone the
next. nearly instant loud of a page. Other times nothing came through at all.
[/snip]

Yeah... I know the feeling. When I took a long weekend the weekend before Labor
Day, I went to the Smokies as well and stayed in Pigeon Forge. The motel I stayed
at offered Wi-Fi, but about the only place it was usable was outside the door to
my room and my neighbors liked to smoke like a chimney and it was hot/muggy,
sooo... :(