[Chugalug] Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

Rod rod-lists at epbfi.com
Fri Nov 8 00:26:44 UTC 2013

I disagree. A pc was simply a personal computer. Those of us who remember
time share systems understand that.
It was unfortunate that what many of us call the wintel platform was able
to appropriate the term in a branding exercise.

That masks the irony that the new PC, tablets and mobiles, are at the same
time undoing the democratization of computing and returning us back to the
days of terminals that must have a centralized system that we cannot
control. PC's gave us decentralized computing in the first place.