[Chugalug] Google+

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Thu Nov 7 20:08:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
> LOL! :D Yeah... some local heating/air company decided to add me to their
> Google+ circle and one of their employees (maybe the President) decided
> to add me directly himself. His posts are the ones I've been getting. :(

Yeah, while I was trying to use G+, I had a "following me" circle and
an "AAAAAA" circle. The former was just a "I have no idea who this
schmuck is, but I'll follow them back" (I suck at names, and I have a
little bit of net.celebrity, and I try to reciprocate the love), the
latter was what I tried to use as my main feed.

Follow me, you get added to both circles. Post an animated GIF or an
ad and you get insta-dropped from the "AAAAAAA" one.

Of course since Google doesn't understand identity, I now have two G+
accounts, and keeping track of who's following me on what is a royal
PITA. So apologies to those of you who followed me on one account and
got followed back on the other and were all like "WTF? This G+ crap is
confusing!".

Dan