[Chugalug] Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Thu Nov 7 14:17:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, James Nylen wrote:
> manipulation - if you need to use a computer productively, there is no
> substitute for a real keyboard and mouse with multiple stationary
> screens.

Agreed!

When travelling recently, using a laptop with an Asus transformer as a 2nd
screen, I can "get by".. but I'm trying to figure out how to mount two
real screens in the RV so I can be truly productive. (the TV mount
location is wrong for that). I've even considered projecting onto the
windshield...

At work, I'm using 4.. 2 linux, 2 mac, with Synergy.. It's the only reason
I come to the office.

I think it's because so much of what I have been doing lately is
"sysadmin" work, watching processes, tweaking backup scripts, etc..
that this really works well.

Maybe the next generation of see through screens:

Ala http://digitaljournal.com/article/328031

or rollup/foldable screens would be practical for RV or more portable high
tech office use..

There -might- be a couple of people on the list that remember the setup I
had in an old Airstream.. with a 20" monitor (insane at the time)  it was
so high tech at the time. My phone kicks it's ass for usability and
power.. We have gotten used to our fancy toys.