[Chugalug] Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

James Nylen jnylen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 03:50:28 UTC 2013

Chad, I must say, I've appreciated your calm and measured responses on this
topic.

However, any attempt I've made to do real work on a mobile device or a
tablet has been infuriating (for example:  creating and editing documents
and spreadsheets, SSH, editing images).  I think the desktop is still king
when it comes to content creation and data manipulation - if you need to
use a computer productively, there is no substitute for a real keyboard and
mouse with multiple stationary screens.

The fact that the desktop is dying in spite of its usefulness says a lot.
 I am ashamed to think what the founding fathers would have to say about
such societal trends.