[Chugalug] Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

Stephen Kraus ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 23:22:47 UTC 2013

Chad,

The only problem with your argument with 'Hooray for the cloud' is the fact
that lets say Onlive shuts-down? What happens to all your purchases? You
lose them.

Whereas at least with Steam, my games are retained locally on my hard
drive, I can play them offline without issue (and its a HUGE issue for
someone that deploys overseas like me). I'm sorry, the whole cloud argument
when it comes to games and game ownership pisses me off, because its just a
repeat of EA and their shitty online DRM system, which basically holds your
game hostage to an internet connect.

The whole reason the PC Gaming community was so PISSED at EA, pissed enough
to give them the Golden Poo award twice, was the fact that Origin basically
screwed you if you didn't have a dedicated nearby broadband connection.

Praise the cloud all you want, but all you are saying is: "I'm okay with
not actually owning the things I purchase, and have the right to lose my
access to them whenever the company loses the financial interest in
offering the service to me."

CUDA is GPU based processing, I use it both at home and in school for
Physics calculations, CAD simulations, and otherwise. Trust me, the CAD
software you get on Android or iOS are a joke compared to actual full CAD
systems that allow me to conduct simulation of thermal, mechanical, and
electrical stressors and others calculations that your tablet is just not
going to be able to handle very well.

The other thing is: You are basically screwing the more indie developers,
Steam encourages much more wider development than Apple allows or even
Android on occasion.