[Chugalug] Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 18:09:05 UTC 2013

Depends on your definition of a PC.  Is a PC a desktop?

I highly doubt the average person will be using a desktop computer in 10
years, or even 5.  At least not outside of the office.  I'd be interested
to see how many are using a desktop at home today.

But if you define it as an X86 machine, or a X64 machine, regardless of
form factor, then it will probably be a lot longer.

I mean, let me put it this way - is a Microsoft Surface Pro a "PC"?  What
about the XP phone from a few years back?  If a smartphone runs on an Intel
Atom chip - is it a smartphone or a PC?

*- Chad W. Smith*