[Chugalug] Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

Benjamin Stewart stewartbenjamin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 16:47:40 UTC 2013

Another factor to consider is the novelty of the Pi. Not that it's the very
first or only tiny, inexpensive, hackable PC of its kind, but it does
represent a different paradigm from what people are used to.

Kind of like the iPhone/iPad "revolution." They're selling like hotcakes
because "I don't have one of THOSE yet!"

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Tim Youngblood <timyoungblood at gmail.com>wrote:

> All that aside (thanks for saving me the words Chad) the most vital aspect
> is that PC sales penetration into homes had flattened out over the past
> decade.
>
> Now here we are with a device that could break through the price issue.
> The question is whether it is one of price, or one of culture? I'm voting
> the latter.
>
> Tim
>

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Wil Wade <willm.wade at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> in a time when computers are far more mainstream
>>

>> Computers are only mainstream if you count all the people who cannot open
>> theirs.

                              Benjamin Stewart

                               <o(((><