[Chugalug] Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 15:39:58 UTC 2013

Talk about comparing Apples and Raspberries.... Not even close to the same.

The Apple ][ cost $1298 in 1977.  That would be around $4575 in 2012, when
the Raspberry came out for $25.

So, yeah, a $25 item is selling faster than a $4500 item - in a time when
computers are far more mainstream than they were 35 years ago.  That's not
exactly shocking.

*- Chad W. Smith*