[Chugalug] Raspberry Pi on track to sell more units than Apple II computers

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Tue Nov 5 15:17:52 UTC 2013

The Raspberry Pi has sold almost 2 million units. It looks like it's on track to sell more units than the venerable Apple II. When I was an Apple II software developer in the early 1990's, I recall Apple advertising that 6 million Apple II's had been sold.

If anyone in the LUG is so inclined, it would be interesting to create side by side comparison charts on the approximate sales growth curve for these two computers. It took Apple 16 years to sell 6 million Apple II's. Raspberry Pi Foundation might achieve that goal in 4 years (or less).

Linux is unstoppable. #unstoppable

phil

Phil Shapiro, pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html