[Chugalug] Mint

Andrew Pierce foomonkey at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 22:07:58 UTC 2013

I run Mint on my main work laptop, a Dell Latitude that is about 2 years
old. Works flawlessly. The new Dell Inspion I bought a couple of months ago
will not boot a Mint Live CD. I don't know why. I have tried everything. It
does have that funky new UEFI instead of a traditional BIOS. But, the
Inspiron WILL boot an Ubuntu CD as well as a CrunchBang CD. Just saying, if
you are going to buy a new laptop, the manufacturers are making it harder
to choose something other than Windows 8. Do your homework when choosing
that machine.