[Chugalug] Extending WiFi access range

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Fri Nov 1 18:58:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Quoting cluon <cluon at geeklabs.com>:
>> Re option 2. Antennas work in pairs/sets...Omni both... directional both

> Hmm... just had a thought. Maybe you can get a  high-gain omni, put it on a
> cable and run it out towards your shop and one over the main living space in
> the house???? Not sure if that would work or not.

So I don't know how "in tandem" the two antenna devices are, because
the antennas on the last one I had were re-orientable and my
impression was that the reason you had multiple antennas was usually
related to wavelength spacing.

Which basically says that I'd need an AP that allowed 4 antennas. That
$200 Ubiquiti 3 pack is looking better...