[Chugalug] LOPSA ETENN

Christopher Rimondi chris.rimondi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 00:08:31 UTC 2013

I am fortunate enough to work with the just about all the developers and
regular contributors of Security Onion. Super smart guys. Security Onion is
to blue teamers what Kali Linux is to red teamers. SO just rocks. Brad
Shoop from here in Chatt also developed the Splunk for Security Onion App:
http://eyeis.net/2013/01/security-onion-for-splunk-2-0-released/. Splunk is
a good start but you will want to move to ELSA after you understand what
data you have. Feel free to ping me off list with questions on SO.

Shameless plug here (sorry Andrew for hijacking the thread) But we have an
ISSA meeting on Tuesday as well. SO might even be covered in one of the
talks although I am sure not as in depth as the LPSA meeting :)

http://chattanooga.issa.org/?p=196

Chris Rimondi | http://twitter.com/crimondi | securitygrit.com