[Chugalug] Don't buy these switches

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 14:22:43 UTC 2013

Quoting Matt Keys <mk6032 at yahoo.com>:

> It seems like I praised these a few months back. If I did I recant that
> praise.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833118148
>
> They freak out under a good workload and will shutdown all active ports
> at one minute intervals. Power cycling them helps but the problem
> persists once the workload returns.

Dang! I done went and bought me one. Worked well for me -- so far! If
this one turns out to be the junk you're saying, can someone recommend
a decent GigE switch for home use? I have three computers that I want
to be able to share data between, occasionally, as well as share the 6
Meg DSL connection.