[Chugalug] Ot: business attorney

Mike Robinson miker at sundialservices.com
Thu Mar 28 01:05:07 UTC 2013

INAL, but I would cautiously suggest that "horror stories" really are the exception rather than the rule.

Nevertheless, there are two ancillary professionals that I suggest you become acquainted with very early on:  an attorney, and a CPA.  If you're the expert in computer software/hardware, then they're the experts in their fields also, and many of them happen to be small-businesses.

You're not just playing the game of computers; you're also playing the game of business.  These folks are experts in their respective aspects of "how that game of business is played."  If your clients would be the fool not to listen to you with regard to "computers" ... then ... ditto.

And their expenses are fully deductible.  :-)

---------
Mike Robinson
Technical Director
Sundial Services International, LLC