[Chugalug] OT: (WAY! OT) But important. Rock paper...

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Mar 25 18:20:59 UTC 2013

On Mon, 25 Mar 2013, Tim Youngblood wrote:
> Last time I checked, you can't grow new rocks.

Happens all the time. But unless a volcano or something spectacular
occurs, you don't SEE it in our lifetime. Although it can be argued that
limestone depositing out of water and other sedimentation coalescing into
rock is just a transformation of matter, not creating "new". For that it
takes something -really- spectacular.

Relevant almost on topic gleaned from other list:

http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

Is an interesting paper of programming languages, full of rocks.