[Chugalug] OT: HDTVs

John Aldrich mrmaxx at spamcop.net
Sat Mar 23 01:22:05 UTC 2013

On Fri March 22 2013 6:34:58 PM michael pearson wrote:
>  +1 Samsung led
> >On Mar 22, 2013 6:32 PM, "Aaron Welch" <n2nightfall at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do not buy a cheap one.  You will be replacing it in 1-2yrs.  I have has
> > good luck with LG and Samsung LED LCDs.

Thanks, guys. I was looking at a Samsung on Amazon and found a review that
really panned Samsung because the panel failed and they had a hard time
getting it replaced under warranty. The LG I was looking at *claimed* to be
120 Hz, but several reviewers said the manual said it was really 60Hz. :(

I've done a little bit of research and what I *think* I want is 120 Hz, LED
continuous back-lighting (not edge backlight.) Other than that, I really don't
know what more I want. I agree that LG has a good name, generally, but after
reading that review, I'm suspicious that they may be pulling a bait & switch
by doing some sort of gimmicky emulated 120 Hz instead of true 120 Hz.