[Chugalug] Recording from TV tuner card under Linux

Ed King chevyiinova at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 22 19:42:19 UTC 2013

Its been so long since I set it up, I don't remember the details off the top o' me head, but sometime this weekend I'll login to the system and run a few commands (eg: lsmod, etc) and send you the output, maybe that will help.  And then there's some video4linux commands I had to use to set the input channel, color, brightness, yadda yadda, I'll dig those up and send 'em too.

For video, I use the "poor man's recording" that was posted to Chugalug about 10 years ago...

cat /dev/video0 > videofile.mpg &; sleep 60; killall cat

or something like that

That's the bad thing about linux...   once you get it set up, it "just works" and after 2+ years go by, you forget how you set it all up, lol