[Chugalug] Open Source Project Management

JonathanCalloway jonathancalloway at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 17:27:54 UTC 2013

All,

I wanted to send out an update on this. I discovered that Feng Office (formerly OpenGoo) has a "community edition":

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengoo/files/

So far it seems like it is going to do exactly what we need it to do. it has very flexible and extensible reporting capabilities. Perhaps the biggest seller for us so far is the template. This allows you to create an automatic set of common tasks and milestones for new projects.

I have also found that it seems very easy to customize. For example, my manager prefers the term "Initiatives" over "Projects" or "Workspaces". This was very easy to change.

In summary, if you are looking for something aimed at development that includes bug tracking and issue resolution, you should probably look elsewhere, so Redmine. However, if you're not necessarily looking for something that is primarily focused on development , then you should really take a look at Feng.

Hope this helps!

<JC>