[Chugalug] UEFI & Linux

wes wes at the-wes.com
Wed Mar 20 14:36:28 UTC 2013

once you turn off UEFI (which you'll be doing either way), it behaves just
the same as a legacy BIOS would.

the OS doesn't care which one you have once it actually begins booting.
it's this beginning that is the challenge.

the method for turning off UEFI (or "secure boot") is dependent on the
motherboard model. some won't even let you turn it off, meaning you will
not be able to run linux on it, ever. google before you buy.

-wes