[Chugalug] OT: Linked-In

David White dwrudy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:28:58 UTC 2013

I use LinkedIn for networking quite a bit. That said, I almost *never* accept
LinkedIn connection requests from people I don't know, or have never
met.... especially if that said person trying to connect with me uses the
default LinkedIn "I'd like to connect with you" message without saying WHY
they want to connect.

When I do get one of those connection requests, I usually either ignore it
or respond back by saying something to the effect of "thanks for reaching
out to me, do I know you"?

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Lynn Dixon <boodaddy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I dunno, but to me LinkedIn = Facebook+Resumes.
>
> So, honestly, LinkedIn has little weight in my opinion.
>

> On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM, John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com>wrote:
>
>> Guys, I could use some advice here... I have a guy who's the Director at
>> a financial institution in the UAE who wants to be a connection. He's a
>> first-level connection to someone I know. I checked with that person who
>> said that he accepts just about everyone, which doesn't say much. Honestly,
>> I know the purpose of that site is to make connections, but I have to say
>> I'm a bit cautious about accepting just anyone.
>> What's your philosophy on LinkedIn connection requests? Anyone know
>> anyone in the UAE who might be able to vouch for someone? :D

David White
Founder & CEO
*
*