[Chugalug] Projection mapping

Coe, Carson David Carson-Coe at utc.edu
Fri Mar 15 18:08:19 UTC 2013

Bah. I was just about to talk about blender. It was going to be my grand introduction post to the list. Guess this will do. I've seen a couple of my coworkers messing around in blender and it looks fantastic. The fact that it is free just seals the deal.

Also, hello everyone. I'm Carson.

Mike Robinson <miker at sundialservices.com> wrote:

Blender (http://www.blender.org) can do this right now.  It runs on all major platforms and doesn't cost a dime.  All aspects of video production are encompassed in one remarkably-compact cross platform system.

Couple of tutes:
http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/07/14/gsoc-tomato-branch-camera-tracking/
http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/12/07/blender-overview-of-object-tracking-in-tomato-branch/

You construct a three-dimensional model, to scale, to match what you want to change or to replace as well as the geometry of the surrounding scene.  Then you match the digital camera's movement precisely to that of the real-world camera.  That's also what those people on film sets are using those measuring tapes for.

If you'd like a glimpse of what this tool is now capable of:
http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/index.php/download/
http://www.sintel.org/download/
http://mango.blender.org/download/

100% Blender.