[Chugalug] OT: This is not me.

JonathanCalloway jonathancalloway at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 17:30:22 UTC 2013

Is that you John Wayne?

----- Original Message -----

From: "Dan Lyke" <danlyke at flutterby.com>
To: "Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group" <chugalug at chugalug.org>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:24:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Chugalug] OT: This is not me.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder who the President is, because
> FoxNews keeps saying it is Barack Obama, so I assume it's not him....

False equivalence. If the correlation between Fox News and truth is 0,
then if Fox News claims the president is Barack Obama, they've got a
50% chance of being right. If you're willing to cherry pick claims,
they could have a negative correlation that's > -1 and you could still
find enough correct claims, bounded mostly by the number of overall
claims made.

And, of course, depending on how you quantify "right".

Dan