[Chugalug] OT: This is not me.

JonathanCalloway jonathancalloway at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 17:30:22 UTC 2013

Is that you John Wayne?

----- Original Message -----

From: "Dan Lyke" <danlyke at flutterby.com>
To: "Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group" <chugalug at chugalug.org>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:24:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Chugalug] OT: This is not me.

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder who the President is, because
> FoxNews keeps saying it is Barack Obama, so I assume it's not him....

False equivalence. If the correlation between Fox News and truth is 0,
then if Fox News claims the president is Barack Obama, they've got a
50% chance of being right. If you're willing to cherry pick claims,
they could have a negative correlation that's > -1 and you could still
find enough correct claims, bounded mostly by the number of overall
claims made.

And, of course, depending on how you quantify "right".

Chugalug mailing list
Chugalug at chugalug.org