[Chugalug] OT: This is not me.

Dan Lyke danlyke at flutterby.com
Fri Mar 15 17:24:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder who the President is, because
> FoxNews keeps saying it is Barack Obama, so I assume it's not him....

False equivalence. If the correlation between Fox News and truth is 0,
then if Fox News claims the president is Barack Obama, they've got a
50% chance of being right. If you're willing to cherry pick claims,
they could have a negative correlation that's > -1 and you could still
find enough correct claims, bounded mostly by the number of overall
claims made.

And, of course, depending on how you quantify "right".

Dan