[Chugalug] So what do you think andy rubin being shut out?

William Wade willm.wade at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 11:18:54 UTC 2013

I think in the article this quote is wrong:

"But wherever the serial entrepreneur ends up, his boss Page has made one
thing very clear: There’s no longer room for separate fiefdoms within
Google, and the company’s days as a sort of corporate grad school – with
lots of tinkering, disparate technology paths, and a deep-seated love for
goofing off – are over."

I like what Page has done for the most part. I think he has been maybe
stopping the tinkering and asking for bigger than tinkering. I think he has
moved much the tinkering together into what he likes to call moonshots.
There is a place for both tinkering and moonshots, but really they are done
by the same people. One has resources, the other doesn't. In a way Google
is saying to tinker on a grander scale. After all which would you gather
create, Gmail or a self-driving car? A cool app or Glass?