[Chugalug] OT: Favorite SAN vendor?

Eric Wolf ebwolf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:13:11 UTC 2013

If performance is more important that price, SolidFire if sort of the
Ferrari of SANs. Our marketing is exclusive to CSPs but we have SANs in
production at a few enterprise customers.

It's pricey, ~$0.20/GB effective capacity (the start 60TB system is around
$300K). But if you need guaranteed IOPS, it's the only real solution on the
market. It's built from the ground-up for QoS. And the IOPS scale as you
add capacity.

One other draw back is that we won't have FCoE until later this year. Right
now it's pure iSCSI.

solidfire.com

-Eric