[Chugalug] OT: Favorite SAN vendor?

Bret McHone dbmchone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:42:23 UTC 2013

I'm looking at getting a new SAN for work specifically for a VMWare
(vSphere and View) infrastructure, so I need high performance options since
we'll be running around 900 VMs on it out of the gate. Does anyone have a
SAN vendor that they are just really happy with? We are locked into EMC for
part of our deployment due to software and vendor requirements, but my
VMWare deployment will have no such limitations and I'ld love to hear what
others like/think about the different options out there.

Currently my hosts are use 10Gb FCoE to connect to the current SAN but
would not be opposed to looking at other options.

Thanks,
Bret