[Chugalug] Harvard learns from Chattanooga open source librarian Griffey

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 16:31:53 UTC 2013

I probably could.  I've flashed firmware on a number of devices - and I've
installed software on removable memory before, too.  Doesn't seem overly
difficult here, but I haven't tried, so idk for sure.

My thought process for asking about a pre-packaged solution is:

   - Building one of these isn't on my "Things I really want to get done
   this quarter" list
   - I freelance for a private school, and I could see this being a large
   benefit
   - I absolutely don't want to tell them about it and end up having to
   "bake" one of these for each of dozens of classroom myself
   - I think offering a prepackaged solution could be a very profitable
   solution for Mr. Griffey
   - When open source software leads to profit for the software makers,
   more open source software continues to get created and maintained, so home
   bakers can still get their free recipes

So, I asked - in LOLCatish.  IDK that I am personally willing to lay down
$75 for this myself - but if I knew it was offered, and going to be offered
at least for the next few months, then I would be far more willing to move
forward with sharing the knowledge.  Perhaps seeing if the school wanted to
buy one to try out.

I personally have no immediate or easily foreseeable need for one, other
than demoing it for the school.  I do think it is a very cool project, and
hope to see it flourish.  Hence, my request.

*- Chad W. Smith*