[Chugalug] Harvard learns from Chattanooga open source librarian Griffey

Jason Griffey griffey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 02:53:36 UTC 2013

Making this into a sellable product is def something that's been rolling
around in my head for a bit. Just gotta find the right way to make it
happen and see if it's manageable (and profitable) enough. Your numbers are
within the ranges I've come up with, but there would need to be a more
streamlined production mechanism...ie, not I-build-them-all-by-hand.

The files are loaded onto the drive by pulling it and throwing them on via
computer. There is no remote upload on LibraryBox, although there IS for
the original project this is forked from, PirateBox. PirateBox was designed
as an art project to illustrate the inability to control piracy, so if
you're looking for that sort of thing, PB will get it done. The idea with
LibraryBox is that physical control of the hardware is necessary to put
content onto it, so yes...teachers are using it for exactly that,
currently. Lots more use-cases on the website:
http://librarybox.us/use_cases.html

Jason