[Chugalug] stockton

Billy flushy at flushy.net
Tue Mar 12 05:43:53 UTC 2013

I read his affidavit / motion.

I only see one thing that is sticky.

That the rental company won an Unlawful Detainer (of property). He could have easily won that by showing his rental agreement and past due bill. They would then have to refile an Eviction. But it would have least bought him time. So, the fact that they won the WRONG filing tells me that someone lied to a judge.

Yet, it's clear to me than sellam doesn't know the legal system and sat on his laurels too long while "waiting for something to happen." Well, something sure happened.

Folks, if you're in legal trouble don't wait. File something. Answer it. But please: file the Right Thing. And do it quickly. There are all sorts of ways to extend things. Discovery. Petitions to dismiss. Discovery of lawyer fees (my favorite): (opposing) lawyers can't charge you to research and prove the fees they are asking the court to charge you and award to them. Pisses them off.

But always hire a lawyer. unless you are dirt poor and can afford to loose - which you probably will without a lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone