[Chugalug] Harvard learns from Chattanooga open source librarian Griffey

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Sun Mar 10 03:59:01 UTC 2013

Hi chugalug members,

There's a nice blog post over at Harvard's web site about Jason Griffey's LibraryBox
project being used at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, this week.

http://tinyurl.com/bcmt3k6

Sure, Harvard knows a thing or two, but in no way can they match the ingenuity
of Chatt tinkerers.

http://librarybox.us/

Ain't that a gorgeous web site Jason Griffey has set up? It speaks of excellence
in all forms. And I'll be using a LibraryBox in my day long workshop at the Cleveland
Maker Faire next month.

http://makerfairecleveland.com/

https://sites.google.com/site/hdvideoforcommunitypurposes/

If anyone on this list happens to know open source enthusiasts in the Cleveland area,
kindly contact me off list. I could use some help adding some more FOSS to my workshop --
in terms of showing the public the basics of OpenShot video editing -- or just showing up at my workshop with Linux laptops to make sure that Linux has an even greater presence at this maker faire.

phil

Phil Shapiro, pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro