[Chugalug] Harvard learns from Chattanooga open source librarian Griffey

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Sun Mar 10 03:59:01 UTC 2013

Hi chugalug members,

There's a nice blog post over at Harvard's web site about Jason Griffey's LibraryBox
project being used at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, this week.

Sure, Harvard knows a thing or two, but in no way can they match the ingenuity
of Chatt tinkerers.

Ain't that a gorgeous web site Jason Griffey has set up? It speaks of excellence
in all forms. And I'll be using a LibraryBox in my day long workshop at the Cleveland
Maker Faire next month.

If anyone on this list happens to know open source enthusiasts in the Cleveland area,
kindly contact me off list. I could use some help adding some more FOSS to my workshop --
in terms of showing the public the basics of OpenShot video editing -- or just showing up at my workshop with Linux laptops to make sure that Linux has an even greater presence at this maker faire.

Phil Shapiro, pshapiro at his.com

"Wisdom begins with wonder." - Socrates
"Learning happens thru gentleness."