[Chugalug] [OT] Best way to rotate a motor precisely

Joe Freeman joe at netbyjoe.com
Sun Mar 3 00:16:18 UTC 2013

There are several ways. It all depends on what kind of accuracy is needed.
Today's steppers are much better than they used to be. You can also add an
optical shaft encoder, or you can go old school and check out
synchro-resolvers. It's been a very long time (1996ish) since I've done
anything with synchro-resolvers, but I know there's still analog gear out
there that uses them.

Joe