[Chugalug] Working for Facebook ...

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Thu Jun 27 14:21:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, 27 Jun 2013, JBirdVegas wrote:
> Can someone explain the difference between Chatt*Lab & Co-Lab and are they both part of GigTank?
> Im working with a healthcare team for GigTank (competition?) but the underlying infrastructure I know nothing about.

Pundits view, people with actual knowledge are free to modify:

Chatt*Lab = Tim, Jason and friends are sharing a makerspace / shop area
under the motivations that sharing rent, expenses, tools, experience,
knowledge.. are better when shared and not in a individuals house.
(Asking Jason at 2am "can I borrow your drill press?" might not be safe)

Co-Lab = Regional small investors attempt to shotgun invest in small
dot.com's hoping to discover the next facesplatgroupun... while acting a
bit like a community thing. For example, Lampost Group does the same
thing, without seeming acting like a community thing.

GigTank = short termed buzz fueled version of the above, at Co-Lab, trying
to lure out of the region visionaries into Chattanooga. Seems to have an
EPB and Tech Council connection.