[Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors

Chad Smith chad78 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 07:06:55 UTC 2013


I have to admit, I'm pretty dumb when it comes to networking, heck, when it
comes to most things, but I always thought IPv4 was called that because it
had 4 sections (127.0.0.1) - so when they talked about "running out of IP
addresses so we need IPv6" I thought IPv6 would just have 2 more sections
(127.0.0.0.0.1 - or maybe 0.0.127.0.0.1 / 127.0.0.1.0.0)  Soooo... I
learned from this thread by reading links.  Thanks guys!  :)

*- Chad W. Smith*


On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM, Ed King <chevyiinova at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I'm here to kick ass and assign ipv4 addresses...     and I'm all out of
> ipv4 addresses...
>
>
> --- On *Tue, 6/25/13, Stephen Haywood <stephen at averagesecurityguy.info>*wrote:
>
>
> From: Stephen Haywood <stephen at averagesecurityguy.info>
>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> To: "Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group" <
> chugalug at chugalug.org>
> Date: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 12:10 PM
>
>
> They were in Rose Hill Tennessee, which is in Western TN. One of the
> scenes showed a Miss Chattanooga pageant, which is where the news van is.
> If I'm not mistaken Nashville has a Channel 5. For me the funniest part was
> the Sun/Oracle rack in the back of the news van and the IP addresses Stark
> was connecting to.
>
> http://imgur.com/zXR0qAN
>
> --
> Stephen Haywood
> Owner, ASG Consulting
> CISSP, GSEC, OSCP
> T: @averagesecguy
> W: averagesecurityguy.info
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=chad78@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> Well I haven't lived in Chattanooga for a while.  But first thing I
> noticed is...  There is no channel 5.  Not a news van having one
> anyway....  Also it rarely snows and I don't think Stan Lee lives there.
> :-)
>  On Jun 25, 2013 10:56 AM, "Dan Eveland" <develand at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=develand@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> OK, so I watched the movie in my rear-view mirror while holding a sleeping
> toddler at a drive-in theater. It's quite possible I missed something.
> However, I got the impression they were in a small town far outside of
> Chattanooga. It was just a Chattanooga TV truck covering an event
>
> The reference to ISDN bothered me. I used many of those things back in the
> day. Tethering to my iPhone is like 100X as fast.
>
> Dan
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Kite, Mike <Mike-Kite at utc.edu<http://mc/compose?to=Mike-Kite@utc.edu>
> > wrote:
>
>  Clearly, Tony Stark was using Comcast.
>
>
>   *Mike Kite*****
>  Linux Systems Administrator****
>  University of TN Chattanooga****
>
>   On Jun 25, 2013, at 9:48 AM, chugalug-request at chugalug.org<http://mc/compose?to=chugalug-request@chugalug.org>wrote:
>
> Send Chugalug mailing list submissions to
> chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> chugalug-request at chugalug.org<http://mc/compose?to=chugalug-request@chugalug.org>
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> chugalug-owner at chugalug.org<http://mc/compose?to=chugalug-owner@chugalug.org>
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Chugalug digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Luke Prince)
>   2. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Rod-Lists)
>   3. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (John Aldrich)
>   4. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Mike Harrison)
>   5. Re: Linked-in endorsements (Dan Lyke)
>   6. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Rod-Lists)
>   7. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Stephen Kraus)
>   8. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Eric Wolf)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:18:27 -0400
> From: Luke Prince <jlprince21 at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=jlprince21@gmail.com>
> >
> To: chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> Message-ID:
> <CAMZcHcUwc94LtSP6m1-S8sORXGBHp3p_H1AQPBeCemFkAArVHQ at mail.gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=CAMZcHcUwc94LtSP6m1-S8sORXGBHp3p_H1AQPBeCemFkAArVHQ@mail.gmail.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
>
> Yes, I felt it was a missed opportunity not saying something about EPB's
> fiber. Tony Stark could have been amazed that we have it and the beauty
> pageants all in one place!
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM, <chugalug-request at chugalug.org<http://mc/compose?to=chugalug-request@chugalug.org>>
> wrote:
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:29:53 -0400
> From: Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=lpcustom@gmail.com>
> >
> To: CHUGALUG <chugalug at chugalug.org<http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>
> >
> Subject: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> Message-ID:
>        <CAKSOKzrRXYYX92cPA8j=
> B8PvTbDKKuiFxnGbqq6_W8B1idf6nQ at mail.gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=B8PvTbDKKuiFxnGbqq6_W8B1idf6nQ@mail.gmail.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>
> The channel 5 news van...
> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
>
> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/36ae281e/attachment-0001.html
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
> End of Chugalug Digest, Vol 11, Issue 67
> ****************************************
>
>  -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/3992fc2c/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:22:37 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com<http://mc/compose?to=rod-lists@epbfi.com>
> >
> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
> <chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> Message-ID: <92a90bb3-dcbb-4915-9389-c88700fa6507 at node2.mbs.epbfi.com<http://mc/compose?to=92a90bb3-dcbb-4915-9389-c88700fa6507@node2.mbs.epbfi.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
>
> Don't forget Chattanooga IS NOT in west TN!
>
> ----- Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=lpcustom@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>
> The channel 5 news van...
> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:29:48 -0400
> From: John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com<http://mc/compose?to=jmaldrich@yahoo.com>
> >
> To: chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> Message-ID:
> <20130625082948.dzsesrn4hwc4o80o-zeznkk at webmail.spamcop.net<http://mc/compose?to=20130625082948.dzsesrn4hwc4o80o-zeznkk@webmail.spamcop.net>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; DelSp="Yes";
> format="flowed"
>
>
> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=lpcustom@gmail.com>
> >:
>
> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>
> The channel 5 news van...
> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>
>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
> must-see, I guess! :D
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:33:29 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com<http://mc/compose?to=cluon@geeklabs.com>
> >
> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
> <chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> Message-ID: <alpine.DEB.2.02.1306251225550.5434 at beaker.geeklabs.com<http://mc/compose?to=alpine.DEB.2.02.1306251225550.5434@beaker.geeklabs.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed"
>
>
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Luke Prince wrote:
>
> Yes, I felt it was a missed opportunity not?saying something about EPB's
> fiber. Tony Stark could have been amazed that we have it and the
>
> beauty pageants all in one place!
>
>
> Without any real info, just experience in Chattanooga:
>
> I'll bet someone on the movie staff had a run in with mucky-mucky types in
> Chattanooga, possibly even got "Fried" (Dave Brockman and others are
> laughing..)
> and this was their response in the movie.
>
> For the record:
>
> Chattanooga was online officially on October 2nd, 1994. One day after Al
> Gore "invented" the internet as a vehicle for commercial use, with a
> 128kbps connection, which was more than twice the entire University of
> Tennessee statewide network. It's had a -lot- of connectivity ever since
> from many providers until recently. Now it's mostly "the big three", EPB,
> Comcast and AT&T.. although there are some niche players.
>
> --Mike--
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:38:26 -0700
> From: Dan Lyke <danlyke at flutterby.com<http://mc/compose?to=danlyke@flutterby.com>
> >
> To: chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Linked-in endorsements
> Message-ID: <20130625053826.23ed58d1 at daisies>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:36:38 -0400
> Sean Brewer <seabre986 at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=seabre986@gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Who on this list can I endorse for their twerking skills?
>
>
> I think that'd fit me well!
>
> Dan
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:39:42 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com<http://mc/compose?to=rod-lists@epbfi.com>
> >
> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
> <chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> Message-ID: <f294907c-1620-4b28-9238-bbc1dabe408b at node2.mbs.epbfi.com<http://mc/compose?to=f294907c-1620-4b28-9238-bbc1dabe408b@node2.mbs.epbfi.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>
>
> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>
> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com<http://mc/compose?to=jmaldrich@yahoo.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=lpcustom@gmail.com>
> >:
>
> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>
> The channel 5 news van...
> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>
>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
> must-see, I guess! :D
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:26:50 -0400
> From: Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=ub3ratl4sf00@gmail.com>
> >
> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
> <chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> Message-ID:
> <CAN1egVBOXjC+5Bvj32p1xyRDABtout6a7T-WjaRK13XmfW+F_g at mail.gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=CAN1egVBOXjC%2B5Bvj32p1xyRDABtout6a7T-WjaRK13XmfW%2BF_g@mail.gmail.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
> Actually, its real, we have ISDN via Satcom on E-8Cs
> On Jun 25, 2013 7:40 AM, "Rod-Lists" <rod-lists at epbfi.com<http://mc/compose?to=rod-lists@epbfi.com>>
> wrote:
>
> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>
> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com<http://mc/compose?to=jmaldrich@yahoo.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=lpcustom@gmail.com>
> >:
>
> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>
> The channel 5 news van...
> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>
>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
> must-see, I guess! :D
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>  -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/ae08cee9/attachment-0001.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:47:46 -0600
> From: Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com <http://mc/compose?to=ebwolf@gmail.com>>
> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
> <chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=chugalug@chugalug.org>>
> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
> Message-ID:
> <CAD8L7BKEoOJijAtb-+1dxmWUqd-BqKb2m9p4+Si=-WWay=66qA at mail.gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=66qA@mail.gmail.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
> Anyone else notice the Verizon FIOS product placements elsewhere in the
> movie? I suspect that had something to do with it...
>
> -Eric
>
> -=--=---=----=----=---=--=-=--=---=----=---=--=-=-
> Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734
>
>
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=ub3ratl4sf00@gmail.com>
> >wrote:
>
>
> Actually, its real, we have ISDN via Satcom on E-8Cs
> On Jun 25, 2013 7:40 AM, "Rod-Lists" <rod-lists at epbfi.com<http://mc/compose?to=rod-lists@epbfi.com>>
> wrote:
>
> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>
> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com<http://mc/compose?to=jmaldrich@yahoo.com>>
> wrote:
>
> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=lpcustom@gmail.com>
> >:
>
> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>
> The channel 5 news van...
> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting
>
>  ~9.2mbs.
>
> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van
>
>  and
>
> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>
>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
> must-see, I guess! :D
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
>  -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <
> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/9b155879/attachment.html
> >
>
> ------------------------------
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
> End of Chugalug Digest, Vol 11, Issue 68
> ****************************************
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
>
> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org <http://mc/compose?to=Chugalug@chugalug.org>
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130626/e3002430/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Chugalug mailing list