[Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors

Lynn Dixon boodaddy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:47:26 UTC 2013


My logical mind tells me they used invalid IP addresses so people wouldn't
be trying to hack/spam/attack an inadvertent legit IP address.  Similar to
how they always use phone numbers with 555 in them.

But common sense tells me this is probably not the case, and the creators
just randomly typed a number on their keypad when they did this graphic.


On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Stephen Haywood <
stephen at averagesecurityguy.info> wrote:

> They were in Rose Hill Tennessee, which is in Western TN. One of the
> scenes showed a Miss Chattanooga pageant, which is where the news van is.
> If I'm not mistaken Nashville has a Channel 5. For me the funniest part was
> the Sun/Oracle rack in the back of the news van and the IP addresses Stark
> was connecting to.
>
> http://imgur.com/zXR0qAN
>
> --
> Stephen Haywood
> Owner, ASG Consulting
> CISSP, GSEC, OSCP
> T: @averagesecguy
> W: averagesecurityguy.info
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well I haven't lived in Chattanooga for a while.  But first thing I
>> noticed is...  There is no channel 5.  Not a news van having one
>> anyway....  Also it rarely snows and I don't think Stan Lee lives there.
>> :-)
>>  On Jun 25, 2013 10:56 AM, "Dan Eveland" <develand at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> OK, so I watched the movie in my rear-view mirror while holding a
>>> sleeping toddler at a drive-in theater. It's quite possible I missed
>>> something. However, I got the impression they were in a small town far
>>> outside of Chattanooga. It was just a Chattanooga TV truck covering an event
>>>
>>> The reference to ISDN bothered me. I used many of those things back in
>>> the day. Tethering to my iPhone is like 100X as fast.
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Kite, Mike <Mike-Kite at utc.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>>>  Clearly, Tony Stark was using Comcast.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>   *Mike Kite*****
>>>>  Linux Systems Administrator****
>>>>  University of TN Chattanooga****
>>>>
>>>>   On Jun 25, 2013, at 9:48 AM, chugalug-request at chugalug.org wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Send Chugalug mailing list submissions to
>>>> chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>>
>>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>>> chugalug-request at chugalug.org
>>>>
>>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>>> chugalug-owner at chugalug.org
>>>>
>>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>>> than "Re: Contents of Chugalug digest..."
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Today's Topics:
>>>>
>>>>   1. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Luke Prince)
>>>>   2. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Rod-Lists)
>>>>   3. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (John Aldrich)
>>>>   4. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Mike Harrison)
>>>>   5. Re: Linked-in endorsements (Dan Lyke)
>>>>   6. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Rod-Lists)
>>>>   7. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Stephen Kraus)
>>>>   8. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Eric Wolf)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 1
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:18:27 -0400
>>>> From: Luke Prince <jlprince21 at gmail.com>
>>>> To: chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>>> Message-ID:
>>>> <CAMZcHcUwc94LtSP6m1-S8sORXGBHp3p_H1AQPBeCemFkAArVHQ at mail.gmail.com>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Yes, I felt it was a missed opportunity not saying something about EPB's
>>>> fiber. Tony Stark could have been amazed that we have it and the beauty
>>>> pageants all in one place!
>>>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM, <chugalug-request at chugalug.org> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 2
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:29:53 -0400
>>>> From: Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>
>>>> To: CHUGALUG <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>>> Subject: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>>> Message-ID:
>>>>        <CAKSOKzrRXYYX92cPA8j=
>>>> B8PvTbDKKuiFxnGbqq6_W8B1idf6nQ at mail.gmail.com>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>>
>>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>>
>>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>> -------------- next part --------------
>>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>>> URL: <
>>>>
>>>> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/36ae281e/attachment-0001.html
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> End of Chugalug Digest, Vol 11, Issue 67
>>>> ****************************************
>>>>
>>>>  -------------- next part --------------
>>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>>> URL: <
>>>> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/3992fc2c/attachment-0001.html
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 2
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:22:37 -0400 (EDT)
>>>> From: Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com>
>>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>>> Message-ID: <92a90bb3-dcbb-4915-9389-c88700fa6507 at node2.mbs.epbfi.com>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Don't forget Chattanooga IS NOT in west TN!
>>>>
>>>> ----- Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>>
>>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 3
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:29:48 -0400
>>>> From: John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com>
>>>> To: chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>>> Message-ID:
>>>> <20130625082948.dzsesrn4hwc4o80o-zeznkk at webmail.spamcop.net>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; DelSp="Yes";
>>>> format="flowed"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>:
>>>>
>>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>>
>>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>>
>>>>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
>>>> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
>>>> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
>>>> must-see, I guess! :D
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 4
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:33:29 +0000 (UTC)
>>>> From: Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com>
>>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>>> Message-ID: <alpine.DEB.2.02.1306251225550.5434 at beaker.geeklabs.com>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Luke Prince wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Yes, I felt it was a missed opportunity not?saying something about
>>>> EPB's fiber. Tony Stark could have been amazed that we have it and the
>>>>
>>>> beauty pageants all in one place!
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Without any real info, just experience in Chattanooga:
>>>>
>>>> I'll bet someone on the movie staff had a run in with mucky-mucky types
>>>> in
>>>> Chattanooga, possibly even got "Fried" (Dave Brockman and others are
>>>> laughing..)
>>>> and this was their response in the movie.
>>>>
>>>> For the record:
>>>>
>>>> Chattanooga was online officially on October 2nd, 1994. One day after
>>>> Al
>>>> Gore "invented" the internet as a vehicle for commercial use, with a
>>>> 128kbps connection, which was more than twice the entire University of
>>>> Tennessee statewide network. It's had a -lot- of connectivity ever
>>>> since
>>>> from many providers until recently. Now it's mostly "the big three",
>>>> EPB,
>>>> Comcast and AT&T.. although there are some niche players.
>>>>
>>>> --Mike--
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 5
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:38:26 -0700
>>>> From: Dan Lyke <danlyke at flutterby.com>
>>>> To: chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Linked-in endorsements
>>>> Message-ID: <20130625053826.23ed58d1 at daisies>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:36:38 -0400
>>>> Sean Brewer <seabre986 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Who on this list can I endorse for their twerking skills?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I think that'd fit me well!
>>>>
>>>> Dan
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 6
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:39:42 -0400 (EDT)
>>>> From: Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com>
>>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>>> Message-ID: <f294907c-1620-4b28-9238-bbc1dabe408b at node2.mbs.epbfi.com>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
>>>> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>>>>
>>>> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>:
>>>>
>>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>>
>>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>>
>>>>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
>>>> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
>>>> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
>>>> must-see, I guess! :D
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 7
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:26:50 -0400
>>>> From: Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com>
>>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>>> Message-ID:
>>>> <CAN1egVBOXjC+5Bvj32p1xyRDABtout6a7T-WjaRK13XmfW+F_g at mail.gmail.com>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Actually, its real, we have ISDN via Satcom on E-8Cs
>>>> On Jun 25, 2013 7:40 AM, "Rod-Lists" <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
>>>> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>>>>
>>>> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>:
>>>>
>>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>>
>>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>>
>>>>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
>>>> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
>>>> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
>>>> must-see, I guess! :D
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>  -------------- next part --------------
>>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>>> URL: <
>>>> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/ae08cee9/attachment-0001.html
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Message: 8
>>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:47:46 -0600
>>>> From: Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com>
>>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>>> Message-ID:
>>>> <CAD8L7BKEoOJijAtb-+1dxmWUqd-BqKb2m9p4+Si=-WWay=66qA at mail.gmail.com>
>>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Anyone else notice the Verizon FIOS product placements elsewhere in the
>>>> movie? I suspect that had something to do with it...
>>>>
>>>> -Eric
>>>>
>>>> -=--=---=----=----=---=--=-=--=---=----=---=--=-=-
>>>> Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
>>>> >wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Actually, its real, we have ISDN via Satcom on E-8Cs
>>>> On Jun 25, 2013 7:40 AM, "Rod-Lists" <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
>>>> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>>>>
>>>> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>:
>>>>
>>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>>
>>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting
>>>>
>>>>  ~9.2mbs.
>>>>
>>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van
>>>>
>>>>  and
>>>>
>>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>>
>>>>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
>>>> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
>>>> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
>>>> must-see, I guess! :D
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>  -------------- next part --------------
>>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>>> URL: <
>>>> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/9b155879/attachment.html
>>>> >
>>>>
>>>> ------------------------------
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> End of Chugalug Digest, Vol 11, Issue 68
>>>> ****************************************
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Chugalug mailing list
>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/2725f4bf/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Chugalug mailing list