[Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors

Stephen Haywood stephen at averagesecurityguy.info
Tue Jun 25 16:10:16 UTC 2013


They were in Rose Hill Tennessee, which is in Western TN. One of the scenes
showed a Miss Chattanooga pageant, which is where the news van is. If I'm
not mistaken Nashville has a Channel 5. For me the funniest part was the
Sun/Oracle rack in the back of the news van and the IP addresses Stark was
connecting to.

http://imgur.com/zXR0qAN

--
Stephen Haywood
Owner, ASG Consulting
CISSP, GSEC, OSCP
T: @averagesecguy
W: averagesecurityguy.info


On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Chad Smith <chad78 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well I haven't lived in Chattanooga for a while.  But first thing I
> noticed is...  There is no channel 5.  Not a news van having one
> anyway....  Also it rarely snows and I don't think Stan Lee lives there.
> :-)
> On Jun 25, 2013 10:56 AM, "Dan Eveland" <develand at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK, so I watched the movie in my rear-view mirror while holding a
>> sleeping toddler at a drive-in theater. It's quite possible I missed
>> something. However, I got the impression they were in a small town far
>> outside of Chattanooga. It was just a Chattanooga TV truck covering an event
>>
>> The reference to ISDN bothered me. I used many of those things back in
>> the day. Tethering to my iPhone is like 100X as fast.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM, Kite, Mike <Mike-Kite at utc.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>  Clearly, Tony Stark was using Comcast.
>>>
>>>
>>>   *Mike Kite*****
>>>  Linux Systems Administrator****
>>>  University of TN Chattanooga****
>>>
>>>   On Jun 25, 2013, at 9:48 AM, chugalug-request at chugalug.org wrote:
>>>
>>> Send Chugalug mailing list submissions to
>>> chugalug at chugalug.org
>>>
>>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>> chugalug-request at chugalug.org
>>>
>>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>> chugalug-owner at chugalug.org
>>>
>>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>> than "Re: Contents of Chugalug digest..."
>>>
>>>
>>> Today's Topics:
>>>
>>>   1. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Luke Prince)
>>>   2. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Rod-Lists)
>>>   3. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (John Aldrich)
>>>   4. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Mike Harrison)
>>>   5. Re: Linked-in endorsements (Dan Lyke)
>>>   6. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Rod-Lists)
>>>   7. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Stephen Kraus)
>>>   8. Re: Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors (Eric Wolf)
>>>
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 1
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:18:27 -0400
>>> From: Luke Prince <jlprince21 at gmail.com>
>>> To: chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>> Message-ID:
>>> <CAMZcHcUwc94LtSP6m1-S8sORXGBHp3p_H1AQPBeCemFkAArVHQ at mail.gmail.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>>>
>>>
>>> Yes, I felt it was a missed opportunity not saying something about EPB's
>>> fiber. Tony Stark could have been amazed that we have it and the beauty
>>> pageants all in one place!
>>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM, <chugalug-request at chugalug.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:29:53 -0400
>>> From: Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>
>>> To: CHUGALUG <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>> Subject: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>> Message-ID:
>>>        <CAKSOKzrRXYYX92cPA8j=
>>> B8PvTbDKKuiFxnGbqq6_W8B1idf6nQ at mail.gmail.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>
>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>
>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>> -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> URL: <
>>>
>>> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/36ae281e/attachment-0001.html
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>>> End of Chugalug Digest, Vol 11, Issue 67
>>> ****************************************
>>>
>>>  -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> URL: <
>>> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/3992fc2c/attachment-0001.html
>>> >
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 2
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:22:37 -0400 (EDT)
>>> From: Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com>
>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>> Message-ID: <92a90bb3-dcbb-4915-9389-c88700fa6507 at node2.mbs.epbfi.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>>>
>>>
>>> Don't forget Chattanooga IS NOT in west TN!
>>>
>>> ----- Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>
>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 3
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:29:48 -0400
>>> From: John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com>
>>> To: chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>> Message-ID:
>>> <20130625082948.dzsesrn4hwc4o80o-zeznkk at webmail.spamcop.net>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; DelSp="Yes";
>>> format="flowed"
>>>
>>>
>>> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>
>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>
>>>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
>>> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
>>> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
>>> must-see, I guess! :D
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 4
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:33:29 +0000 (UTC)
>>> From: Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com>
>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>> Message-ID: <alpine.DEB.2.02.1306251225550.5434 at beaker.geeklabs.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; Format="flowed"
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Luke Prince wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, I felt it was a missed opportunity not?saying something about EPB's
>>> fiber. Tony Stark could have been amazed that we have it and the
>>>
>>> beauty pageants all in one place!
>>>
>>>
>>> Without any real info, just experience in Chattanooga:
>>>
>>> I'll bet someone on the movie staff had a run in with mucky-mucky types
>>> in
>>> Chattanooga, possibly even got "Fried" (Dave Brockman and others are
>>> laughing..)
>>> and this was their response in the movie.
>>>
>>> For the record:
>>>
>>> Chattanooga was online officially on October 2nd, 1994. One day after Al
>>> Gore "invented" the internet as a vehicle for commercial use, with a
>>> 128kbps connection, which was more than twice the entire University of
>>> Tennessee statewide network. It's had a -lot- of connectivity ever since
>>> from many providers until recently. Now it's mostly "the big three",
>>> EPB,
>>> Comcast and AT&T.. although there are some niche players.
>>>
>>> --Mike--
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 5
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:38:26 -0700
>>> From: Dan Lyke <danlyke at flutterby.com>
>>> To: chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Linked-in endorsements
>>> Message-ID: <20130625053826.23ed58d1 at daisies>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>>>
>>> On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 23:36:38 -0400
>>> Sean Brewer <seabre986 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Who on this list can I endorse for their twerking skills?
>>>
>>>
>>> I think that'd fit me well!
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 6
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:39:42 -0400 (EDT)
>>> From: Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com>
>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>> Message-ID: <f294907c-1620-4b28-9238-bbc1dabe408b at node2.mbs.epbfi.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
>>>
>>>
>>> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
>>> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>>>
>>> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>
>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>
>>>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
>>> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
>>> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
>>> must-see, I guess! :D
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 7
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:26:50 -0400
>>> From: Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com>
>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>> Message-ID:
>>> <CAN1egVBOXjC+5Bvj32p1xyRDABtout6a7T-WjaRK13XmfW+F_g at mail.gmail.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>
>>>
>>> Actually, its real, we have ISDN via Satcom on E-8Cs
>>> On Jun 25, 2013 7:40 AM, "Rod-Lists" <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
>>> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>>>
>>> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>
>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting ~9.2mbs.
>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van and
>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>
>>>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
>>> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
>>> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
>>> must-see, I guess! :D
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>  -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> URL: <
>>> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/ae08cee9/attachment-0001.html
>>> >
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Message: 8
>>> Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:47:46 -0600
>>> From: Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com>
>>> To: Chattanooga Unix Gnu Android Linux Users Group
>>> <chugalug at chugalug.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors
>>> Message-ID:
>>> <CAD8L7BKEoOJijAtb-+1dxmWUqd-BqKb2m9p4+Si=-WWay=66qA at mail.gmail.com>
>>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>>
>>>
>>> Anyone else notice the Verizon FIOS product placements elsewhere in the
>>> movie? I suspect that had something to do with it...
>>>
>>> -Eric
>>>
>>> -=--=---=----=----=---=--=-=--=---=----=---=--=-=-
>>> Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Stephen Kraus <ub3ratl4sf00 at gmail.com
>>> >wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> Actually, its real, we have ISDN via Satcom on E-8Cs
>>> On Jun 25, 2013 7:40 AM, "Rod-Lists" <rod-lists at epbfi.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> ISDN's on a satellite dish?
>>> really? Is that a type of satellite feed I don't know about?
>>>
>>> ----- John Aldrich <jmaldrich at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Quoting Randy Yates <lpcustom at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Anyone else watch Iron Man 3 and laugh at some of the technical errors
>>> during the Chattanooga scene(s)?
>>>
>>> The channel 5 news van...
>>> The country-bumpkin beauty contest...
>>> But most of of all... The slow internet connection that Tony Stark
>>> complains about. I mean it's Chattanooga, and they are getting
>>>
>>>  ~9.2mbs.
>>>
>>> Granted they may not have EPB, but his line is "climb up on the van
>>>
>>>  and
>>>
>>> adjust the ISDNs and boost it up 40%" or something like that.
>>>
>>>  Oh, my! ISDN??? That's so 20th Century! :D And I'm sure they used a
>>> channel not in this market on purpose. Haven't seen it, though...
>>> didn't realize they had based some of it in Chattanooga. Definitely a
>>> must-see, I guess! :D
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>>>  -------------- next part --------------
>>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>> URL: <
>>> http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/9b155879/attachment.html
>>> >
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>>> End of Chugalug Digest, Vol 11, Issue 68
>>> ****************************************
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Chugalug mailing list
>>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>>
>>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Chugalug mailing list
>> Chugalug at chugalug.org
>> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Chugalug mailing list
> Chugalug at chugalug.org
> http://chugalug.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/chugalug
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://chugalug.org/pipermail/chugalug/attachments/20130625/9ad6e0d0/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Chugalug mailing list