[Chugalug] Iron Man 3 Chattanooga Errors

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Tue Jun 25 12:33:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013, Luke Prince wrote:
> Yes, I felt it was a missed opportunity not saying something about EPB's fiber. Tony Stark could have been amazed that we have it and the
> beauty pageants all in one place!

Without any real info, just experience in Chattanooga:

I'll bet someone on the movie staff had a run in with mucky-mucky types in
Chattanooga, possibly even got "Fried" (Dave Brockman and others are laughing..)
and this was their response in the movie.

For the record:

Chattanooga was online officially on October 2nd, 1994. One day after Al
Gore "invented" the internet as a vehicle for commercial use, with a
128kbps connection, which was more than twice the entire University of
Tennessee statewide network. It's had a -lot- of connectivity ever since
from many providers until recently. Now it's mostly "the big three", EPB,
Comcast and AT&T.. although there are some niche players.

--Mike--