[Chugalug] Linked-in endorsements

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Jun 24 20:18:58 UTC 2013

> I guess my question is, what is the value of this endorsement system, if endorsements can be obtained so freely?

It's a great idea lacking any credibility or reference.

Except for the chicken and egg problem, I'd only really want/trust
endorsements from people with serious ties (worked for/with) that person
for skills in which they themselves had skill/endorsements.

or maybe something like:

"Any Nobody" says Dan Lyke knows Perl:  +.1

Mike (me) says Dan Lyke knows Perl:  +1

Larry Wall (creator of Perl) says Dan Lyke knows Perl: +10