[Chugalug] "How libraries can be a haven for makers"

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Sun Jun 23 19:39:53 UTC 2013

> message got sent before I was finished composing.    I was right in the middle of typing...
> "did not get the dreaded "lock wait timeout" messages with mariadb that we get with mysql"

That's promising. I use "dirty reads" for reports and things that would
normally cause that, but we still get them on the big ones.
I've learned to do a lot of 'preprocessing' of certain things into tables
at 2-4am, so the dashboard displays and reports that need those intensive
answers for historical data seem "instant" to the users.