[Chugalug] System.out.println("Hello World");

Jon Stanford jbirdvegas at aokp.co
Fri Jun 21 18:26:33 UTC 2013

Hello Chugaluggers,

I thought I would introduce myself I'm Jon. To almost any website I log into I'm know by my moniker JBirdVegas.

I guess I'll just give you guys some background on me... I've lived in Chattanooga for 4 years now. My first Android phone (Droid 1) turned me on to the world of open source and since it has been an unclosable door. I've since taught myself to program I have experience in a few languages, but I'm fluent in Java. My experience is (almost) all open source[1][2]. I'm a lead developer for the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) we distribute highly customized Android ROM[3]. The custom firmware has over 1.2 million unique active users. In addition to Android platform development I have 4 apps on the Android Play Store[4][5].

I'm completely convinced that if my wife can use Linux any one can.  After about a month of only having Linux on our home computer I installed Windows 8 for her then walked off to shower while she played on FaceBook.  By time I finished showering she was back in Ubuntu complaining how Windows was slow... I just laughed and said I told you, a sediment I don't get to express often. Thank you Linux! :)

Jon (JBirdVegas)

[1]https://github.com/jbirdvegas
[2]http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/owner:%22Jon+Stanford+%253Cjbirdvegas%2540gmail.com%253E%22,n,z
[3]http://aokp.co/