[Chugalug] "How libraries can be a haven for makers"

Nate Hill nathanielhill at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 11:37:26 UTC 2013

Thanks William & Phil

Don't miss +Meg Backus and the rest of our crew, w/o them we wldnt be doing
anything.

4thfloor.chattlibrary is a nice entry point to chattanooga's emerging maker
ecosystem - we also have a lot of love for Tim, Jeff & the chatt*lab gang
for their important schemes and contributions to this movement as well.

I'm actually sitting here in Denmark, with our team having just
participated in the NextLibrary.net conference. I can tell you all that
while our start may be modest, Chattanooga sits on the cutting edge of
'making' in public spaces. The world is watching how we all work together,
which is pretty cool.

Ill push some pics & links to the list when I return.

On Friday, June 21, 2013, William Wade wrote:

> Just a note in case you missed it, but the Downtown (Chattanooga) library
> already is (and growing) a haven for makers thanks to +Nate Hill.
>
> Libraries have such potential in this new age, I hope more of them work to
> become more than just free movie rental spots.
>

> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'pshapiro at his.com');>
> > wrote:
>

>> Kindly share this new blog post with people you know who would be
>> interested.
>>
>> How libraries can be a haven for makers by @philshapiro<https://twitter.com/philshapiro>
>> http://red.ht/182mMxb  <http://t.co/eoN8uFZjeQ> #opensource<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23opensource&src=hash>
>> #maker <https://twitter.com/search?q=%23maker&src=hash> #libraries<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23libraries&src=hash>