[Chugalug] Like open source, play is vital

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Tue Jun 18 03:01:57 UTC 2013

Hi chugalug community,

I wear two main hats in my life -- I'm an open source advocate and I'm a play advocate. We need more play in this world because play is what makes life worth living.

Along these lines, I was intrigued to stumble across this play products company located right in Chatt.

https://twitter.com/playcorenews

If you have a Twitter account, you might want to follow these folks or subscribe to their newsletter
at http://www.playcore.com/newsletter-signup.html

Interestingly, the most forward thinking public libraries in the country are also getting into play -- because play and creativity are best of friends - and expanded creativity ain't such a bad thing in a knowledge economy.

Check out this public library in the Denver area that has refocused itself around play.

https://twitter.com/ilovemyanythink

As we build a better world centered around open source, let's not forget to bake play
right into the center of this new world.

phil

Phil Shapiro, pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
http://www.twitter.com/philshapiro