[Chugalug] Is time for crypto for non-techies class?

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 14:56:50 UTC 2013

Quoting Rod-Lists <rod-lists at epbfi.com>:

> with all the news l8ly should someone do a  class for the
> non-technical on personal crypto?

Sounds good to me. Bet if we held it at the library, we could get a
decent crowd. I've never bothered with crypto, because I don't think
my emails, etc are that interesting to the government. That being
said, it does bug me that they are collecting the "metadata" on who I
call, how long I"m on the phone, etc. Makes me wonder if maybe it's
not time to start using some sort of telephone encryption, just in
case they decide to start listening either with or without permission
from a FISA court! I mean, if they decide to start investigating
journalists, it can't be long until they start investigating the
average citizen!