[Chugalug] tv capture on esxi host

Matt Keys mk6032 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 13:07:16 UTC 2013

To stream over WAN I think you'd need a VPN endpoint in front of the
xboxes as the extenders use RDP. At that point a slingbox may be worth
the investment. My fiancé has EPB50 and a SlingBox. Using that combo
streaming over the WAN to my house is equally as smooth/fast but if I'm
not mistaken the HD resolution is dropped so the quality isn't quite as
good.

Downside of WMC streaming is that I can only watch one channel at a time
between my two xboxes. They specify you can have up to 5 "extenders"
(xboxes) on one WMC server, but unfortunately I don't think WMC allows
for multiple capture cards to watch multiple channels simultaneously.
The only other limitation I can think of regarding the number of xboxes
would be the amount of cores and ram you have available on the esxi
host. IIRC, they recommend 1 core and 1gb of ram for every extender
attached.